If you are a gamer and you use Ubisoft launcher then you sure would have come across this issue at least once in your life. An error will pop up saying that the Ubisoft service is currently unavailable. Luckily as many users of Ubisoft launcher have gone through this, now we have a solution for it! In this article, we are going to look at what is causing these errors and how to resolve these errors.
What is causing the error ‘Ubisoft service is currently unavailable’?
There are many reasons why this error may popup. Do take a look at the reasons as it may help you what caused the errors actually. Only by using these, we will be able to solve the error.
- Time and date are incorrect: Online services always rely on the date and time of your system. In case they are incorrect then the online service may face difficulty in operating. As many of these services operate in different time zones simultaneously, a mistake in your date and time will mess it up
- Network issues: This is also pretty common. If you have any network errors or weak internet then obviously the launcher would not open properly and you will be faced with this error. Always check your internet connection.
- Broken process: There is an executable in program data that will run whenever you launch a game. Using task manager to end it may resolve your error.
- Hamachi: Many users who have installed hamachi in their system have reported that they have faced this error.
- IPv6: If the IPv6 protocol is used to connect then the problem may appear. Many users have reported this. So switching over to IPv4 may resolve your problem
How do you resolve the Ubisoft launcher error?
There are many solutions when it shows that Ubisoft service is unavailable. Take a look at the reasons for this error above and now let’s proceed into how we can solve this error.
Check your date and time:
Almost all online services hugely depend upon the date and time in your system. Why though? All these online services operate simultaneously in various time zones and locations. So be it servicing, offers, or matchmaking during the game, it completely relies on the date and time of our computers. In case the date and time are wrong then the online service may not be able to work due to inaccurate time zones. So correcting the date and time will resolve the issue mostly.
In order to make sure that your date and time are updated constantly enable automatic date and time so that you need not update them manually each and every time. The date and time will change accordingly as per your time zone.
Closing a faulty process
There is a broken file in program data that runs whenever you launch Ubisoft launcher or you use Ubisoft to play a game. This file actually belongs to Ubisoft and most often it goes corrupt mostly. Just ending that task or file using the task manager will help you resolve this error. To do that follow these steps:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the task manager
- Scroll down the task manager and click on more information to scroll further. Scroll until you reach background processes.
- There will be a file with a name similar to YTiND, select it, and end the file.
- A dialog box will appear asking you to confirm the message. Confirm it and your the file will close. Now when you launch the Unisoft launcher you will not face any errors.
Many users who have installed hamachi in their system have experienced the error message ‘Ubisoft service is not available’. In order to resolve this issue what we need to do is uninstall hamachi. Hamachi is a VPN and it has been causing errors in various applications throughout the years.
- Click on the start button and go to the control panel.
- Click on the uninstall a program option. If you cannot see that option then change sort your control panel by category and you will see it.
- Search for Hamachi application. Right-click on it and select the uninstall option.
- Now, for safety restart your computer and try launching Ubisoft, it must work without any errors.
IPv6 has been causing errors recently whenever users try to launch Ubisoft. Disabling Internet protocol 6 can resolve such an error.
- Press Windows + R to open the run command
- In the text box type, ncpa.cpl
- Internet connection box will open. Once it does double click on the active network adapter.
- Click on properties and then find IPv6 or Internet protocol version 6. Once you find it uncheck the box and select ok
Keep the network reset option as a last resort. Use it only when other errors have not solved your problems.
- Press Windows + R key to open the run command
- Type ms-settings in the box
- Scroll down until you reach an option called network reset. Instructions will appear on your screen. Make sure that you follow those steps and reset your network.
- Restart your computer to check whether the error has been resolved.
Ubisoft service not available is a very common error that many users have experienced throughout the world. First, try to troubleshoot the problems before you proceed to know the actual reasons. All the steps and methods stated in this article are safe and please make sure that you are performing it correctly according to the steps.