Message+ is an app by Verizon communications that is used for texting and even calling. If you are in the U.S then you may have come across it for sure as message+ has a huge market there. One of the best features of message+ by Verizon is that you can text and call people using wifi making the whole service extremely attractive.
One of the common issues people face with message+ is the app is that it may suddenly stop working. You need not panic or think you are the only one who is facing this problem as this is a pretty common one. It may crash repeatedly and we are going to look at some solutions for that issue in this article.
Solution 1: Clearing cache
Sometimes due to overload of cache, the app may stop working and it is absolutely necessary to clean cache often
- Go to settings
- Go to the apps option
- Go to message+ app and select storage
- In that click on the clear cache option. It will immediately clear all the caches in that app
- Clear cache every once in a while to ensure optimum performance
Solution 2: Restarting the phone
Sometimes just restarting your phone does wonder! Bugs and other small glitch like message+ crashing can be easily solved.
- Hold the power button for some time
- Click the restart button
Once it is restarted please do check whether the app is working
Solution 3: Removing and reinserting the battery
If you are using any of the older versions of the phone where you can remove your phone’s battery manually then you can follow these steps which are quite easy. Keep this in mind, this step and solution is only for older version phones where you can remove the battery manually.
- Hold the power button for some time and click the power off
- Now carefully remove the batteries
- Wait for 2 minutes and insert them again carefully
- Switch on the phone back by pressing the power button for some time
Also Read: How to install and download BlueStacks 3?
Solution 4: Update the software if message+ keeps stopping
Sometimes we may accidentally delay the update of applications in our phone which may cause numerous errors. Make sure to update your software
- Go to play store
- Go to message+ app there
- Click the update option
The app will be updated and it can fix the bugs and glitches
Solution 5: Reinstall the app
Just uninstalling and reinstalling the app can solve many problems and eliminate many unnecessary bugs that may stop message+ from working
- Go to play store and search for message+
- Click the Uninstall button and the app will be uninstalled
- Now restart your phone by clicking the power button and selecting the restart option
- Go to play store and search for message+ app
- Select the install button and the latest version will be downloaded
Also Read: Phoenix OS – How to download and install it
Solution 6: Factory reset
If the error is happening with all the apps and none of the above steps works then the only option you have is factory resetting. Keep in mind that doing this will delete all data, media, and contacts from your phone so be sure to have a backup of all these before proceeding
- Go to your phone’s settings
- Go to the backup and restore in it
- Select the factory reset option
- Select the reset phone option
- Now your phone will be reset and almost new
Follow this step ONLY IF you have severe glitches and even the service center recommends doing this. This is a long process and you may lose all your data if you don’t have a backup. If the only message+ keeps stopping and everything else works perfectly then DO NOT follow this step
Message+ stopping constantly or crashing is a common issue which almost everyone faces. Follow the above steps and read them carefully in order to solve the issues. This can be solved just with an update from the developers 99% of the time will not cause any severe issues so do not panic about it.